Week 50 - Zone Conferences Start Tomorrow

Elder Jetton got his appendix out!!
Now we have matching scars...
(with Elder Han and Elder Freeman)
August 31, 2015
Hey everyone!

I can't believe that school is starting!  That is so crazy. I can't believe that it’s that time of the year again! I feel like everyone was just heading off to school LAST year, and I was heading off to work at the Luck Stone Center!  And glad to hear the Huskies are off to a winning start! 

So sadly, Elder Snow got the flu and had to cancel his mission tour...:(   But he wants to reschedule, so President Chesnut is going to find a few free days where we can reschedule it. So this week wasn't as eventful as we thought it was going to be.  But instead I had the chance to go on exchanges with Elder Baker again, in the Reno Zone! We went on exchanges back when I was a Zone Leader and he was a district leader, and now he is a Zone Leader in Reno. It was a total blast.  Those guys are the only ZL’s that cover a Spanish Area, so I got to teach some awesome lessons in Spanish!! 

Wearing the "If You're Cool, You're Cool"
shirt to celebrate my Grandpa Doug's
70th Birthday
This past week has been rough for our area in the Prater Ward...we had a SUPER solid Mom and her son text us and drop us. It is truly devastating when people tell us they are no longer interested...it breaks our hearts.  First of all, because we work with them and develop a relationship with them – and truly come to love them!   But also because we know what blessings they are giving up. It totally bums us out! Satan has really been trying to get us down before we go and do zone conferences with lots of little things like that. But we will conquer Satan! 

I am SO excited to go and do zone conferences this week! This week will be crazy...tomorrow we drive to Susanville, CA and have our first Zone Conference with the Quincy zone. Then we come back and on Wednesday we have MLC (Mission Leadership Conference).  On Thursday, we do the 6-hour drive to Ely for the Ely ZC on Friday, and then we drive to Elko on Friday night for the Elko ZC on Saturday. On Saturday night, we’ll drive home and go to church on Sunday here at the Prater Ward. So this week will be crazy, but we are excited. The focus for the conferences is on the Atonement and on Chapter 6 of Preach My Gospel, which is “Christlike Attributes.” So we should have some great conferences!!

Well, I don't have much time today…sorry for the short email, but I love you guys! This past week, we have been working with a few missionaries who want to go home because their families back at home aren't supportive at all, and in some cases, want their missionary to come home. This obviously makes it super hard on the missionary here. It makes me SO grateful for you guys, and the support you give me. Not many other missionaries get regular mail from their siblings, it is awesome!!! I love you guys!!

Have a great week! The church is true, I know it is. I wish I had some more time to share a few brief experiences about how I know it is true this week, but they will have to wait until next week.

Love,

Elder Todd


Elder Kidman fit under the cabinet!


No comments:

Post a Comment